Thursday, March 8, 2012

Mia's Letters



This was so much fun to do! These came already painted white from Michael's so no finishing needed. I knew I wanted to incorporate the pink, purple, and the bright green of Mia's bedroom but wasn't sure how. I pulled out some Martha Stewart Pearl Acrylic Paints in those colors and I accidentaly dripped some pink paint on the A and when I used a paper towel to quickly wipe it off I loved the blotch it left! So I basically "sponge" painted them with paper towels. After I got the color on I put a heavier edge of pink around each letter to highlight them a little more for when they would be up on her purple walls.




The paint was dry very quickly and a while ago I had already bought some fabric with a Fairy pattern on it. (Of course I had to buy it despite the fact that I don't sew. It had FAIRY'S on it!) I wasn't happy with wrapping the material around the letter so I started cutting the Fairy's themselves out and laying them on the letter's.


It was just what I wanted!  No project I do would be complete without some bling so I used Crystal stickles on the fairy wings and flower centers and mod podged all of the fabric pieces onto the letters.  Next I went thru my bits and pieces of chipboard and grabbed this Little Angel one which I had ordered from Dusty Attic. (If you don't already know about them they are in the U.K.



First I lightly covered it with Gesso to change it to a faint white. Then I found some glitter glaze I had bought ages ago and coated it with that. Once dry I coated it again and then lightly dipped it into some white glitter flakes I had poured into a pile. I loved the feathery look!



I also had a little letter M charm that I glued on.  The butterflies are from a Martha Stewart Punch which is very cool as it punches three different patterns allowing you to layer them with wings upright.  For a finishing touch I added a little purple bow to the "A".  The best part about this whole project was that Allison and Andre loved it and got them hung up!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so pretty!!!

Judy said...

and something Mia and Allison will treasure forever!!!!